Monday, September 27, 2010

To the Moon!

Someone told me the other day that I have a “glow.” After exclaiming vehemently that I'm not pregnant (isn't that when you “glow”?), I realized that he's probably right.


I've got a lot to be happy about right now, and I need to keep remembering that. All of this happy stuff has me very stressed out. I've got so much work to do, so much moving to do, and so little time to do it. But it's all part of a bigger goodness that's just starting.


So that's why I haven't had time to drop any more pearls of wisdom down on this blog. The pearls will be dropping again soon (I promise). I just have to get my stuff organized. I'm taking off a little too quickly for my own good. I liken it to Justin Bieber's rise to fame— it happened so fast, and it came out of nowhere. Hopefully I am more talented than he is, though.


In the meantime, here's a little nugget:


I was moving my painting supplies into the apartment yesterday. I had my easel, stool, table, blank canvasses, and a few paintings. I met one of my new neighbors. He saw all the stuff and said, “Are you an artist?”


“Yes,” I replied. Meanwhile, I'm thinking, “No, I'm just holding these supplies for some other artist.”


Then he said, “Let me know when you make millions!”

No comments:

Post a Comment