Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Like Blue Topaz Today

Blue topaz looks like the sky. It's a cool blue, a light blue, and a bright blue. It was once the rarest color of topaz. (That's why it's the state gem of Texas. They found some rare, naturally-occurring blue topaz in 1969. They thought, “Oh man! How rare!”)

But thanks to a stable color enhancement process developed in the 1970s, it's become fairly common.

It's a hard gemstone. It can be split with a single blow.
Just like a diamond.

The blue topaz we see today is created by exposing colorless topaz to irradiation and then heat. Lighter colors are created by exposure to electrons, and darker blues are created by exposure to neutrons. (No word yet on what protons do.)

Making blue topaz like this can take minutes or years. It's a high-energy process, so it requires that the topaz be stored before it can be safely released. (I'm kind of a high-energy process myself, aren't I?) So don't rush the blue topaz. Let it do its thing. You'll be glad you gave it the time it needed to realize what it's supposed to be.

Blue topaz is supposed to balance emotions and calm passions. I could certainly use that. It releases tension and gives feelings of joy. I experienced that firsthand yesterday.

Topaz has some serious metaphysical properties.

It's said to promote individuality, creativity, and confidence. It can help remove doubts about decisions. I need all the creativity and confidence I can get. I also need to stop doubting decisions. I'm on the right track. I'm making good progress in my little world.

And topaz allows you to creatively change your personal world.

Blue topaz is supposed to be very good to people born under the zodiac sign of Scorpio.

Long story short, blue topaz is perfect for me. Right here, right now. Now is my time for blue topaz.

(I also read that if one is obsessed with sex, blue topaz is said to help curb the obsession. I don't see how that applies to me.)

1 comment:

  1. Helps to curb sex obsession? I believe it. I had a blue 1987 Mercury Topaz... Trust me, I wasn't getting laid driving that thing :-D haha

    http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t317/missNOCTURNAL/Misc/1987MercuryTopaz.jpg

    ReplyDelete