Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Risk Being Happy

“Most people would rather be certain they're miserable, than risk being happy.” - Robert Anthony

I follow @GreatestQuotes on Twitter. This one just showed up on my feed, and it made me feel a little bit better. In fact, it made me feel a lot better.

I was feeling sort of bogged down and lousy at work today. Just a combination of work, hormones, and being a little tired. I was having a hard time focusing, and all I wanted to do was go take a nap.

I was certain I was miserable.

But I'm not allowed to be miserable. I don't have any reason to be miserable.

But happiness is a risk, too. Sometimes if you're too happy people will wonder what the hell is wrong with you. Life is too short and too sweet to be miserable. Take the leap into happy. Don't be afraid to flaunt it. Risk being happy.

To add to my turnaround from being miserable...
Mandy and I went to Dunkin Donuts and I discovered that the iced coffee is just as good with skim milk as it is with cream. (As long as I get the mocha flavor in it, that is.)

1 comment:

  1. Happiness and misery are inevitable elements of the emotional roller coaster that is life. You shouldn't allow psychobabble to convince you that you need to pretend to be happy when you aren't. Embrace your true feelings and it will enhance your high spirits when you actually are happy. If everything in life is the same, it will become monotonous. We need the small miseries to allow ourselves to appreciate the good times.

    ReplyDelete